I have always been interested in history, even as a very young boy I was surrounded by history books. The past is another country, and they do things differently there – but to me it always seemed more exciting than the present day – and perhaps more meaningful. This question of what history ‘means’ has always fascinated me, as well as mythology, folklore and theology. I began writing when I was young too, and was first published in my school magazine (a very long time ago!) but it was only about fifteen years ago that I seriously thought about becoming a published author.
I began by trying to emulate various authors who I had read as a child, with the subject matter being fictionalised history. I had no real expertise, and my first attempts were too amateur to submit to professional publishers. Instead I self-published them, and gradually I became competent enough, and confident enough to approach publishers with ideas. After many years, and many rejections, to my surprise I got my first publishing contract with Amberley Books of Stroud in 2015. I am working on my fifth book for them now, and I have several literary projects in the pipeline. I am looking to broaden the range of my writing now, to encompass more personal reflection, incorporating other themes than just historical ones. I have a long-standing interest in Adult & Community Education, especially the University of the Third Age (U3A). If you would like me to give a talk, either about creative writing for publication, or a historical theme of your choice, please go to the ‘contact me’ page.
- Author Martin Wall is interviewed by Charles Christian on The Weird Tales Radio Show22nd December 2019 - 1:52 pm
- Robert Plant sings his praises for Kinver author’s magic book16th September 2019 - 5:55 pm
- Listen – Martin is interviewed by Paul Ross on Talk Radio24th June 2019 - 5:54 pm
- The Anglo-Saxon Age: The Birth of England by Martin Wall – Review1st March 2017 - 10:37 am
- Warriors and Kings: The 1500-Year Battle for Celtic Britain by Martin Wall – Review19th February 2017 - 9:58 am
Books by Martin Wall
- The Magical History of Britain by Martin Wall19th September 2019 - 4:38 pm
- Warriors and Kings, The 1500-Year Battle For Celtic Britain by Martin Wall1st June 2017 - 1:06 pm
- The Anglo-Saxons in 100 Facts by Martin Wall15th June 2016 - 4:22 pm
- The Anglo-Saxon Age: The Birth of England by Martin Wall8th September 2015 - 4:34 pm
- In the Wake of the Comet Star by Martin Wall19th September 2014 - 4:46 pm