The Anglo-Saxon period lasted from the early fifth century AD to 1066 – after the Romans and before the Normans. But how much do you know about the Anglo-Saxons? Who were they, where did they settle and what religions did they follow? Here, Martin Wall brings you the facts…
For those of you looking for something Celtic to read this spring, author Martin Wall brings us Warriors and Kings: The 1500-Year Battle for Celtic Britain. For centuries, the Celtic peoples of Britain stood fast against invasion, oppression and war. Theirs is a fascinating and exciting story which birthed some of the most tenacious and heroic leaders in history: from Caractacus and Boudicca, to William Wallace, Owain Glyndwr and the legendary King Arthur.
Swathed in myths and legends, the Celts – far from being a singular mass of ‘barbarians’ – were made up of diverse, distinct groups who battled numerous threats, from the Romans to the Normans.
Here, historian Martin Wall unpicks who the Celtic peoples were and introduces some of the key individuals who led the battle for Celtic Britain…
Martin Wall, author of The Anglo-Saxon Age: The Birth of England and new book The Anglo-Saxons in 100 Facts reveals why everything we thought we knew about the “Dark Ages” is almost certainly wrong. In fact we know a hell of a lot about this incredible vibrant period in British history…
- Author Martin Wall is interviewed by Charles Christian on The Weird Tales Radio Show22nd December 2019 - 1:52 pm
- Robert Plant sings his praises for Kinver author’s magic book16th September 2019 - 5:55 pm
- Listen – Martin is interviewed by Paul Ross on Talk Radio24th June 2019 - 5:54 pm
- The Anglo-Saxon Age: The Birth of England by Martin Wall – Review1st March 2017 - 10:37 am
- Warriors and Kings: The 1500-Year Battle for Celtic Britain by Martin Wall – Review19th February 2017 - 9:58 am
Books by Martin Wall
- The Lost Battlefields of Britain by Martin Wall16th February 2022 - 4:31 pm
- The Magical History of Britain by Martin Wall19th September 2019 - 4:38 pm
- Warriors and Kings, The 1500-Year Battle For Celtic Britain by Martin Wall1st June 2017 - 1:06 pm
- The Anglo-Saxons in 100 Facts by Martin Wall15th June 2016 - 4:22 pm
- The Anglo-Saxon Age: The Birth of England by Martin Wall8th September 2015 - 4:34 pm